Saturday, July 7, 2012

Book Review: Slave by Sherri Hayes



Slave by Sherri Hayes
(Finding Anna, Book #1)
Goodreads -- Amazon



SYNOPSIS:
Stephan has lived the lifestyle of a Dominant for five years. After several rebellious teenage years, it gave him the stability and control he had been seeking after his parent’s death.

As president of a not-for-profit foundation, he knows what his future holds and what he wants out of life. All that changes when a simple lunch with his college friend and Mentor, Daren, leads him to buying a slave.

Thrust into a situation he never thought he’d be in, Stephan can’t walk away. 
He is compelled to help this girl in the only way he knows how. Brianna knows only one thing, she is a slave. She has nothing. She is nothing.
 
Can Stephan help Brianna realize that she is much more than just a Slave?



Review:
Okay... Wow... Unreal... Wow again...

This book was amazing for me! It was so unlike anything I'd ever read or heard of. I'm still stuck on the park that she's a slave! Like a real slave! I just can't fathom that... even though I know that people are kidnapped and sold as sex slaves. But still...

So this book was supposed to be 'erotica'... but unfortunately there was no sex. When I got this book I was thinking -"OOOOh, a dominant buys a slave! There's gonna be a whole lot of nastiness!" Wrong! But the characters totally make up for it. Brianna was so scared and shy (obviously because she is a slave.) And Stephan, omg, he is so nice to her from the very beginning. All he does is think about her and how she feels emotionally and physically and how he can help her get back to 'normal'... Bless his heart.

So, I'm gonna say this book is not for everyone. I say that because some people might not even want to think about her being a slave. Some people might think it's boring. Some people might think it's slow. Some people might even say it doesn't have a plot. I beg to differ. It's not one of those action-y, drama filled, holy crap books. It's much more of a psychological/sociological read. You're trying so hard to read into Brianna's mind, see what's going on. Why is she a slave? How did she get into that position? And how it's effected her mentally, emotionally, and even physically. I found it very interesting, even cute. The way he showed so much compassion for her. It was fabulous.

Like I just mentioned, you're trying to understand everything about her and how she became a slave. Well, I forgot to mention that this book is written from Stephan and Brianna's point of view. So you do get some insight here and there. One thing I loved about the POV switching, was that the author would sometimes do the whole scene over again from the other persons POV. But don't go thinking crazy stuff, it was perfect. Everything was not repeated, you just simply heard the other side of the story and the thoughts in their head. It was great.

Another thing is- I can see a lot of people comparing this book to the 'fifty shades' books. They both have a handsome rich man, who is a dominant, with a playroom, coming into some kind of situation with a younger woman and her being practically clueless... But this is NOT fifty shades. It is 100% completely and totally different.

All I can say is go read it! I loved it! I couldn't read it fast enough. I stayed up many nights trying as hard as I could to keep my eyes open and try to finish it. I really need to do more reading during the day... Anyways, If it sounds like something you're interesting in... Go get it! You'll love it!

All in all I gave it 5 stars. And I can't wait to read the sequel, 'Need'!

Have a great day!



*This book was provided by the publisher for a honest review*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...