Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cover Issues: Across The Universe

So for now this will be called cover issues. Not sure if I'll have more of these. But right now I'm having some MAJOR issues with the cover changes for the Across The Universe Trilogy.


They really messed up here, I honestly think they ruined it. I don't understand why they (the publishers/authors/whoever makes the choice to change the covers) decide to change all the damn covers when the third and final book is coming out. Especially when they're downgrading them :( Ugh!


About the first set: This is the first set, that I know of at least, and I loved these covers. Especially the one for Across the Universe, the first time I saw it I thought "wth is that...?" Then I stared for a minute and noticed that it's actually Elder and Amy. And every time I see this cover, that's all I think of! It just sucked me in! And the space! Oh the space! Such beautiful colors. The purple and pink and the stars! GORGEOUS! On to A Million Suns, I loved this one once again for the colors, but they did change it to blue and pinkish beige, but it works wonderfully. And how awesome is it that it's Elder and Amy looking out of Godspeed into outer-space waiting to arrive?



Across The Universe by Beth RevisA Million Suns by Beth Revis


The second set: I have not seen either of these covers in person, but have seen them on the internet. I think they're okay, might even say it's pretty, at least the first one is. I feel like after you've read the book, the cover has a lot to do with what's going on it the story. I can't say that for A Million Suns, I don't like that cover at all. It just doesn't make sense to me. It looks soap opera-ish to me...




Now... About the 'new' book covers. I'm just gonna jump ahead to the third and final book in the trilogy, Shades of Earth. I like the cover. It's a little plain, but with all that greenery, it mashes with the title pretty well and goes with what I'm expecting to see. And the font, it's edgy, and tech-y like, which fits very well with the fact that the ship has all this advanced technology and it being in the future and what not. What I think it really needs is some kind of something in the background. I'm not sure what, but something. As for the covers of the first two books, uh, no... That's about all I have to really say about that. They make no sense to me and they're plain and ugly. What I don't get is the sort of industrial wall/bolts thing at the bottom of them... Is that supposed to be the walls of Godspeed? And really showing you the fact that they're trapped on this spaceship?



Across The Universe Trilogy by Beth Revis


So my questions for you are:
--Which covers do you like better?
--If you've read any of the books, do you think the cover fits the book?


Leave a comment and tell me your thoughts?

Have a good day!


2 comments:

  1. I haven't read the books but I think the first ones look the best. If I saw the last ones first I don't think I would be interested in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read the first one. But it was great. And I hate the new covers. They're ugly.

      Delete

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...