Saturday, July 28, 2012

Movie Review: The Dark Knight Rises

'The Legend Ends'



Release Date: July 20, 2012
DVD Release Date: December 4, 2012

Cast: 



Plot Summary:
Eight years on, a new terrorist leader, Bane, overwhelms Gotham's finest, and the Dark Knight resurfaces to protect a city that has branded him an enemy.


What I have to say:
So yesterday, I saw a four o'clock showing of the new Batman film The Dark Knight Rises. Needless to say ever since the tragedy that struck Colorado at the midnight showing I had an overwhelming feeling that this movie is cursed and I might not make it out of the theater. Well, Since I am alive and well, and discussing my experience today I survived the movie. Nevertheless, I was still giving the evil eye to everyone who entered the theater. But I have to give the film 5 golden stars because it did exactly what a film is supposed to do. It succeeded in transporting me, the viewer, to another time and place and making me feel emotions I had not expected to feel during my film going adventure. 

Christopher Nolan, director of The Dark Knight Trilogy, is a brilliant man. I have to say that these are the best Batman movies ever made! And since, in my humble opinion, Batman is the best superhero ever--that makes these movies the best superhero movies! This film rocked the box office boasting over 160 million in its opening weekend. That is a very impressive number and I was glad to contribute to their earnings. 

The Film is a perfect end to the trilogy, it brings back characters from the first film and ties many elements together like a good trilogy should. We see the introduction of Bane, the only character to ever defeat Batman, and for that reason, he was immediately sexy!! Plus the actor playing him ,England born Tom Hardy, isn't bad looking either. The fights are amazing, the gadgets are bonkers and the emotion each actor brings to the screen is superb. I don't want to include spoilers but I will say that the end of the film sets up a perfect situation for another trilogy and hopefully we will see more from Nolan and his Bat-centric films. 

Screenshots :)


Let me know your thoughts..
Leave me a comment.


7 comments:

  1. Hi! I love your blog! I too have a section of movies into books :-)

    I'm from goodreads.com and I'm following you now. Here is my link to follow me back http://onlectus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks :) I love your blog also!

      I'm following you too :)

      Delete
  2. You know, I don't know about you, but whatever movie Anne Hathaway acts in she looks badass already! Besides, they all look kick-butt! XD



    follow back?
    http://therandomranterer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I love Anne Hathaway! I'm now following you. Thanks for following and commenting :)

      Delete
  3. Great review!

    I agree with you about this being an fitting end to the trilogy. Chris Nolan has created one of the best trilogies. Chris Bale was phenomenal as Bruce Wayne.

    Check out my review .

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why thank you for reading my review!! I thoroughly enjoyed the film.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this on the first day of release, and the thing about this film that makes it so great is that it isn't really a superhero film. The series is ultimately about Bruce Wayne's psychology. Christopher Nolan has made a great series of films and hopefully his control over the Superman franchise will reinvigorate it.

    ReplyDelete

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...