Thursday, July 5, 2012

Swoon Thursday: Need

Swoon Thursday #2!
Swoon Thursday

Swoon Thursday is a HOT meme hosted by YA Bound.

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished,
tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your
skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in
the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on
your blog! We want to know :)


Need by Sherri Hayes
Need (Finding Anna Book #2) by Sherri Hayes
Goodreads -- TWCS Publishing House
This week my swoon comes from 'Need' by Sherri Hayes. I took it from chapter 1, I didn't want to give anything away, since this is the second book. In this excerpt you can see how much Stephan really cares for Brianna just by how soft and calm and tender he is.


I cupped her face with both of my hands. "You don't have to make any decisions right now, Brianna. I won't force you into this. It has to be your choice."
She closed her eyes briefly. When they opened again, they were glistening, and a single tear fell down her cheek. My mouth opened and pressed against her skin, capturing the moisture. The salty taste lingered on my tongue.
Brianna's lips parted as she sucked in a deep breath. My senses registered her reaction, and I felt the pull I had felt so many times before. Tilting her face up with the pads of my thumbs, I moved my lips down to within a breath of her own. "I want to kiss you, Brianna."
She didn't answer me so I remained where I was. She tilted her head, bringing her mouth closer to mine almost unconsciously.
"Do you want me to kiss you?" I whispered.
"Yes," she said, her breath ghosting across my lips.
A second after the word left her mouth my lips were covering hers. My fingers wrapped around her scalp, moving her head to give me the best access. Her lips parted and I took advantage.
The taste of her against my tongue drove me on. Ever so slowly, I explored every inch of her mouth. The mouth of the woman I hoped to one day make completely and solely mine.


Whoa! It's getting steamy in here!
So, tell me, what made you swoon?!

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...