Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Author Interview: Sherri Hayes

Sherri Hayes is the author of four published novels, Hidden Threat, Slave (Finding Anna Book 1), Behind Closed Doors and her newest release, Need (Finding Anna Book 2).


Welcome Sherri!

What inspired you to become an author?
I’m not really sure you could say anything inspired me to become an author. I’d posted a few stories online, which my publisher saw. They approached me, and as they say, the rest is history.

Who is your hero?
My grandfather. He died when I was thirteen, but he was the most compassionate man I've ever known. If more people were like him, the world would be a much better place.

Who is your favorite author?
Diana Gabaldon

Why do you write these kinds of books?
I write the types of stories I like to read. It’s just icing on the cake that other people love them too.

How did you come up with the idea for Slave and Need?
I’d been reading some D/s stories online when the news coverage for the Jaycee Dugard story began. Over the next few days, more stories on human trafficking hit the news, and I started to wonder what would happen if I mixed the two.

What other future projects do you have in mind?
We've just started edits on the second novel in my Daniels Brother’s Series, Red Zone. The first book, Behind Closed Doors, came out in February 2012. There will be four books in that series, one for each brother. I’ve also started writing book three in Stephan and Brianna’s story. Between the two, they should keep me busy for the next couple of years, at least.

Any advice for baby writers?
Keep writing. I go back and look at that first story I wrote, and it’s hard to believe where I am now, and what I’m doing. Find one or two good critic partners, people who will be honest with you. If all they do is tell you how great you and your writing is, then they aren't doing anything to help you become a better writer.


Biography:
Sherri is the author of several novels, and a short story. She lives in central Ohio with her husband and three cats. Her first love was singing. Throughout her school years she was involved in various choirs, and has had eight years of classical vocal training. She also enjoyed acting in her teen years and feels that has helped her in her writing. Her mother fostered her love for books at a young age by reading to her as a child. Stories have been floating around in her head for as long as she can remember; however, she didn't start writing them down until four years ago. It has become a creative outlet that allows her to explore a wide range of emotions while having fun taking her characters through all the twists and turns she can create. When she’s not writing, she can usually be found helping her husband in his woodworking shop.

She is currently working on the third book in the Finding Anna Series.


Favorite Books:
The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon, The Bronze Horseman Trilogy by Paullina Simons, The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer, Thread of Grace by Mary Doria Russell, Shadow Dance by Susan Andersen, and my current addiction, The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.D. Ward.


Sherri's Books:


Where to find Sherri:




2 comments:

  1. Wow! I've never heard of this author but I'm going to check out her books. Seem pretty cool!

    http://therandomranterer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is a great author! I love her books! Definitely check her out!

      Delete

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...