Thursday, August 9, 2012

Book Review: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire


"He was afraid of nothing. Until he'd met me."


Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire


SYNOPSIS:
The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn't drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

My Thoughts:
Honestly I don't know what to say about this book.... It was everything I ever wanted, needed and could ask for without even knowing I did. It did take me a while to read, which I was not happy about, I had so much going on and I was really busy. But when I had time to read I was into it! And I still can't get over the story. All the ups and downs, my god was it ever a roller coaster. It was so worth it.

I thought the characters were great. I have no complaints on them whatsoever. Abby aka "Pidge" (still don't understand how that name came about) was perfect. Fun, nice, caring, smart, outgoing, --all the good qualities that make up a good college character :) And Travis! Omg! Travis! I really wish he was a real person and living in my little crappy town. Oh the things i would.... Wait, I'm getting off subject... He's a bad boy who rides a motorcycle, a hot little cutie with an attitude and a bunch of girls always chasing him. He has tattoos and he's just awesome. Who wouldn't wanna sit here all day and talk about Travis, but I must move on. I thought Shep and America were good side characters. They did their job in supporting their friends and sticking up for one another.

In the synopsis it talks about the "new Abby Abernathy" and getting away from the "darkness of her past"... It really confused me when I was reading the book because I kept thinking -"well what it is? Tell me already"... And you have to wait a while. Then when I did, it was like that's it?!? Then it went into it a little more and it made perfect sense why she moved, started over, and wanted nothing to do with the past. I would have too.

And the ending... Like holy hell. Who was that coming? Like seriously! Okay, I've run out of things to say without spoiling it, I'll leave the rest for my rant/discussion post. So once again, here are my famous last words. Just go read it! I gave it 5 stars!

Have a good day!

4 comments:

  1. I've been seen this book pop up in many blogs that I'm gonna have to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book and I can't wait to read the next one...

    Your newest follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I bet it's gonna be great!

      Awww. Thanks for following. I love your blog. You have some great reviews on there :) I'm now your newest follower ;)

      Delete

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...