Friday, August 24, 2012

Movie Review: 21 Jump Street



"The only thing getting blown 

tonight is their cover."



Release Dates:
Theaters: March 16, 2012
DVD: June 26, 2012

Cast:
-Johnny Depp (uncredited cameo)
-Peter DeLuise (uncredited cameo)


Plot Summary:
In high school, Schmidt (Jonah Hill) was a dork and Jenko (Channing Tatum) was the popular jock. After graduation, both of them joined the police force and ended up as partners riding bicycles in the city park. Since they are young and look like high school students, they are assigned to an undercover unit to infiltrate a drug ring that is supplying high school students synthetic drugs. 

Favorite Parts:
-The party.
-When they're high.
-The real slim shady.
-Their first arrest.
-When they're in the bathroom stall together.
-Trying the whole "cop slide" across the car.

My Thoughts:
Since the original show was made before I was born I didn't watch it, but I had heard about it. Anyways, I thought this movie was really good. It was really funny. And of course there was a little bit of romance. Some action too -duh -they're cops, and they have guns and apparently science lessons are very helpful :) They were enemies at first, then became best friends, that always makes for a good story. It was pretty good to see Johnny Depp & Peter DeLuise in there for a few minutes, considering they were in the original. Also, Jonah Hill helped write the story for it :)

Screenshots :)



Have you seen it yet?
Did you watch the original show?
Leave a comment and lets chat about it.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. lol I loved it. Laughed so much. My mom would watch it but I never did. She did have a 21 Jump Street poster of Johnny Depp that I eventually stole and kept in my room :D haha. Plus it is awesome that James Franco's brother is in it. I didn't know he ad a brother until I watched it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I would've stolen it too! Johnny Depp is so cute. And he's only getting better looking with age!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know there was an old version of this movie! Wow, surprising! I want to watch this soon! It sounds absolutely hilarious and I just love hilarious/undercover movies or just humorous kiddie movies in all. XP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know either, until I watched it and my friend said that Johnny Depp is in it for a minute just because he was in the original one. You should def watch it!

      Delete

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...