Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Poets Korner: Remembering To Forget


Remembering To Forget
Woke up this morning
Then I closed my eyes again
I remembered you were gone

I remembered that picture on the night stand was face down
I remembered how I missed you
I forgot how to forget

And before I woke up it was working so well
My uncurious unconscious dictated my feelings
Filing my head with music and happiness up to the ceiling

Where the only thing that mattered was jumping sheep
With pink polka dots
Wearing green hats

Woke up this morning feeling loss
I remembered your favorite song
I remembered how you smiled when I sang it
I forgot how to forget

The most important thing
The one thing I needed to remember I let slip
Sliding out of bed

I slowly started to push you back
Into the depths of my mind
Starting my day, I’ve pushed you out of the way

Here in the waking world I remember how to forget
A smile crosses my lips  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...