Thursday, September 20, 2012

Book Review: The Walking Dead, Vol 2: Miles Behind Us

The Walking Dead, Vol 2: Miles Behind Us
by Robert Kirkman (Writer)
 & Charlie Adlard (Illustrator)
& Cliff Rathburn (Colorist/Shading)


SYNOPSIS:
An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe, causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of months, society has crumbled: There is no government, no grocery stores, no mail delivery, no cable TV. In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally begin living. This volume follows our band of survivors on their tragic journey in search of shelter. Characters live and die as they brave a treacherous landscape littered with packs of the walking dead.


My Thoughts:
I just couldn't get enough of The Waking Dead, so pretty much immediately after I finished volume 1, I had to start volume 2. I read half last night and the second half this morning. It didn't take me long, it's a really quick read, but the main point is that it's a great read. You can see my review of volume 1 here.

As I said in my review of volume 1, I don't do the whole zombie thing, but this series is epic! I can already tell. If you love zombies, you will absolutely love it. If you like comics or graphic novels, I'm sure you will love this also. It's not so much that it's zombies, because it's not. There's love, betrayal, survival, struggle, heartbreak.... I mean, everything you could ever want (plus zombies) is in this series.

So, this volume includes issues #7-12, and let me tell you now, shit really starts to hit the fan. Of course with all these zombies, they're forced to keep a move on and looking for food and weapons. All the essentials to surviving the zombie apocalypse. So there are some journeys, some pretty interesting ones too. Along with journeys comes new characters, along with new characters obviously means some of the old ones have to die... Dun dun dunnnn! Sorry, I had to! 

The story telling was fabulous just like last time. The plot kept a steady move, never boring. There were a lot of different emotions in this one as I mentioned above.. Some romance, betrayal, heartbreak, loss.. And lots and lots of arguing and action! I haven't had the thought "well, what else could happen?" yet because I don't think that will ever come. Anything and everything could happen!

And of course, the art is fantastic as well. We did have a change of artist though -Tony Moore did issues #1-5 and Charlie Adlard took over from issue #6 and is the current illustrator. There's lots and lots of detail. You really get the whole picture and know everything that's happening. And I like how when someone is eaves dropping, it will show them listening on one side of the strip and the people talking on the other. I always find those funny for some reason. It couldn't have been any better. I would give it 10 stars if possible.


Can't wait to see what happens next.
**MUST.. GET.. MORE.. BOOKS.. NOW!** 
(said in a zombie-ish tone!)


Have you read these yet?
Are you a comic book lover?
What's your favorite series?
Have you seen the show?

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...