Friday, October 5, 2012

Book Review: The Walking Dead, Vol 3: Safety Behind Bars

The Walking Dead, Vol 3: Safety Behind Bars
by Robert Kirkman (Writer)
 & Charlie Adlard (Illustrator)
& Cliff Rathburn (Colorist/Shading)


SYNOPSIS:
An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe, causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of months, society has crumbled: there is no government, no grocery stores, no mail delivery, no cable TV. In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally begin living. 

This volume follows our band of survivors as they set up a permanent camp inside a prison. Relationships change, characters die, and our team of survivors learn there's something far more deadly than zombies out there: each other.


My Thoughts:
So here we are, Volume 3, this volume has issues #13-18 in it. So many things are happening in this one. It's really getting wild out there and survival mode is needed more than ever.

We thought shit was getting crazy in volume 2, I was wrong, terribly wrong. They're fighting more and more zombies. And trying to find a place to hide out and live as more of a permanent solution. They some what find one, but it's a prison!

People start going crazy, turning on each other. Fighting and arguing like crazy over the dumbest stuff. Some more new characters were introduced. Obviously since people keep dying, which I assume will keep happening. It just makes me wonder how far the main, main characters are gonna make it. We had one big scare with a main character. I would've been very upset had that happened.

And for some reason, there was actually a good amount of sex in this one. Which at first seems awkward, but honestly, with all this craziness, sex is probably essential. It's the one easy thing you can do to feel relaxed and actually happy. I don't blame them.

This volume only got 4 stars because I think it got a little too crazy. Some of it could've been left out. And it would've been perfect. And there's so many things going on with the different groups of characters that I'm starting to get confused. But I look forward to continuing with this series. I just cant get enough of the zombies! Here are my reviews for Vol 1 & Vol 2 :)


I also started watching the show,
it's really weird so far. I don't
know why it's so weird for me.
But I hope to catch up soon.

Have you read these yet?
Are you a comic book lover?
What's your favorite series?
Have you seen the show?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...