Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Book Review: The Walking Dead, Volume: 4 & 5

Goodreads - Amazon - Comixology
Life in the prison starts to get interesting for Rick Grimes and the rest of our survivors. 

Relationships heat up, fizzle out, and change entirely almost overnight. 

By the end of this volume, relationships between key characters are radically changed, setting the stage for future events in TheWalking Dead.

My Thoughts:
Volume 4 was good, but it kinda started to slow down. It was more soap opera-ish than anything, which I personally enjoy. I love drama. I love fighting. I love relationship problems. a lot happened, I try to keep these spoiler free just in case someone hasn't read that far yet. Or is maybe watching the show and I wouldn't want to ruin something that could happen in the show. And I don't want to give stuff away that happens in previous issues/volumes.

The plot was still good. Moved along nicely. Lots of stuff going on. Cliffhangers and all, which I do enjoy at the end of the issue. It's like little finales or something in the middle of the book. Of course there's killings and all that jazz.

By the way, Charlie Adlard is still the illustrator and Cliff Rathburn is still doing the color/shading. And both are going wonderfully. 


Goodreads - Amazon - Comixology
As the survivors settle into their prison home something has drawn them out into the open... out of the prison... out of their sanctuary. 

This is a major turning point for the overall story of The Walking Dead, setting the stage for years to come.

My Thoughts:
Well, just when you think it can't get that much crazier, it does. Volume 5 really took off. There was a huge change. They actually found another group of survivors and that doesn't go over so well, it's actually pretty gruesome. And it had me scared for the rest of the book and I'm still scared because it hasn't been resolved yet.

Lori is working my nerves. She needs to just shut up already. She is so hard on Rick all the time and always so worried. And he's just trying to build a better life for everyone and help in any way possible. And her secret. OMG, it's just painful for me to watch. I can't believe she won't just tell it already. and the whole Carol thing, like really?! Wtf was that all about? Anybody have an opinion on that?! I'd love to hear it.

I can't believe how much I'm liking this series. I've read the first 5 volumes in like 3 days. I usually get tired of stuff pretty easily. But there must be just enough crazy stuff going on and changes every volume to keep me going. I've actually already caught up to the most recent issue. I will have a review for Volume 6: This Sorrowful Life, but that will be the last. Then I'll do an overall series (so far) review. If you want to see my review of The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye, you can do so here.


Have you read any of the comics?
Only watched the show? 
You should try the comic.
How do you think the show
compares to the comics?

Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...