Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Crewel


Waiting On Wednesday #8! 
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, 
hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights 
upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week I picked:
Crewel by Gennifer Albin
Expected Publication: October 16, 2012


SYNOPSIS:

Incapable. Awkward. Artless.

That’s what the other girls whisper behind her back. But sixteen year-old Adelice Lewys has a secret: she wants to fail.

Gifted with the ability to weave time with matter, she’s exactly what the Guild is looking for, and in the world of Arras, being chosen as a Spinster is everything a girl could want. It means privilege, eternal beauty, and being something other than a secretary. It also means the power to embroider the very fabric of life. But if controlling what people eat, where they live and how many children they have is the price of having it all, Adelice isn't interested.

Not that her feelings matter, because she slipped and wove a moment at testing, and they’re coming for her—tonight.

Now she has one hour to eat her mom’s overcooked pot roast. One hour to listen to her sister’s academy gossip and laugh at her Dad’s stupid jokes. One hour to pretend everything’s okay. And one hour to escape.

Because once you become a Spinster, there’s no turning back.



So..... Whoa! What a synopsis?! This one has me really intrigued. I think this book is going to be great. I've read some good and bad reviews, so I'm hoping I will like this book. And hopefully we find out pretty soon. 

Is this on your TBR?
What are you waiting on?

9 comments:

  1. Love the cover for this one and it sounds great. Love this choice!

    My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, at first glance it's okay. But when you really take a look at it, I feel like it says so much. Cant wait to read this one.

      Delete
  2. I read this and it was a little disappointing but maybe the finished copy will clear up some of the questions I have. I really like this cover and I'm anxious to see what the rest of the series has in store. Lovely pick!

    Jessie Marie @ The Daily Bookmark
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that sucks, but I hope you get some clarity :)

      Delete
  3. Crewel sounds amazing by all of the accounts/reviews I've heard and read, can't wait to get my hands on a copy! Thanks for sharing. ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really looking forward to this one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I heard of this book maybe once before. It sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I haven't really heard much about it. Like promotional wise. But it was on my list.

      Delete

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...