Thursday, November 15, 2012

Book Review: Heidi & the Kaiser by Selena Kitt

Goodreads - Amazon - B&N
Mousy little Heidi is a wanna-be designer who works as nothing more than a glorified go-fer for one of the largest and most well-known companies in the world of fashion. 

When she accidentally stains CEO Warren Kaiser's pants, she gets two things she didn't expect—a spanking…and a job. Kaiser hires her as his assistant, and her “training” proves to be quite a test of surrender.

Warning: 18+ ONLY This title contains erotic situations, graphic language, spanking, domination, submission, and an office romance hot enough to leave hand prints!

My Thoughts:
So I was in a major reading slump before starting this book. I started reading Switch by Megan Hart, and by the synopsis it seemed really great, but it's not. I started looking for something that I knew would interest me. My sister actually introduced me to Selena Kitt, I had never heard of her up until a few months ago. I read one of her short stories called Hannah’s Choice, which I downloaded for free on iBooks and it's also free on Goodreads, and that wasn't very good. The description of the sex was good, but the storyline was just plain weird. So I decided to give her another chance.

With me being in that reading slump and everything, I wanted to find a book that was on the shorter side because who comes out of a slump reading a 400 page book? Not this girl. I had a little craving for some more erotica since finishing Reflected in You and decided to go through my Selena Kitt TBR list and this one sounded perfect.

I think I knew from the first few pages that I was going to LOVE this book... it just had that vibe that I was unknowingly looking for. Since the whole bdsm erotica fad has come into play... I’ve been looking for some real bdsm quality stuff. Although this is on the lighter side, the intensity of being told what to do is all there. And the sex in this book was very, very hot!

When she fell and tripped over his legs and messed up his pants I was thinking: "oh shit, here we go with another Christian Grey thing!" But no, hell no, this is way, way, way (a million times way) better. This short story is intense, ravishing, beautiful, and so sexy. Although Kaiser is described as a man with salt and pepper hair, that old man can rock my socks anyday!

I really liked Heidi, she was a really great submissive character, they don't really make em like that anymore! And Kaiser, oh my, he never backs down. And let’s face it: every female loves a strong male character. One person I didn't really care for was Heidi's friend Lenny, he was just a bit annoying and I felt like he needed to just go away, but in the end it all worked out very well. And I hated Andrea, what a hateful bitch she was; I just wanted to slap her so bad. And I’m not sure if Selena Kitt was trying to use the real Roberto Cavalli and just ended up misspelling his name, but I kept thinking that every time his name would appear, in this book it's spelled -Roberto Cavelli.

One more last thing is: I’m going to talk crap about the cover. Yes, it was published by a not so big company. But really?? The cover is almost horrible. I love the position the models are in, because it's obviously in the book a lot. But like I said before, Kaiser is described as having salt and pepper hair, so obviously he is older. And the model is what? Like 30? And I think I remember Heidi being described as a blonde, and when she gets her hair done she says she got more blonde highlights, but the girl on the cover has a dark blonde, but more on the light brown side, color of hair... I just wish they would have thought more about it. Also, I do believe this is the second cover, the first one is also inaccurate... if you read the book and then look up the cover, you'll see why.

Overall I gave it 5 stars, I couldn't really find anything wrong with it. It was perfect and exactly what I needed to get out of that reading slump. And it's a very quick read at only 152 pages, but let me tell you, a whole lot happens in those pages. If you're into the whole dom/sub thing, I’m sure you will love this one. Definitely give it a try.


Have you read any Selena Kitt?
Ever heard of this book?
Have any erotica recommendations?

Have a great one everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...