Friday, November 30, 2012

Book Review: Where She Went by Gayle Forman

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. 

When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. 

As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.


My thoughts:
I can tell this is going to be a review of few words, because this is definitely one of those books when I say- just go read it. But I'll try...

As I said in my review of If I Stay, I listened to Where She Went on audiobook. It only seemed right since I had listened to If I Stay. I knew that it was set a few years after the whole accident thing. And I knew that he had become famous and she had went off to Juilliard. But I wasn't sure exactly where they were going to pick back up.

It was really great hearing about what happened shortly after the accident. And learning why they're not together. And really seeing how things played out. Because when it starts out, you're left in the dark. We thought everything would be all good after she healed, I mean not perfect, but you know? Pretty good.

So it's 3 years later and nobody knows what happened. We don't know why they are broken up. Why they haven't talked in 3 years. And Adam's in New York and he goes to her concert. I really didn't expect that, but I love the way he talks about how her music makes him feel. It really speaks volumes.

One thing I really loved was the lyrics that were in the beginnings of each chapter. And he would say what album and what track. I think it really gave a lot of insight into how he was feeling.

Overall, I loved the first book and really thought the sequel was done really well. I would recommend this to my friends. They're good, quick read. I gave it 4 stars on Goodreads. 

Have you read If I Stay?
How about Where She Went?
Leave me a comment and tell 
me what you thought about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...