Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Finally Got These

I finally got some of the books I really wanted. Since I read If I Stay, I couldn't wait to read Where She Went and I finally got it. I got it in audiobook form just like I did If I Stay. I also got Reflected in You on audiobook, that is the second book in the Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day. The first is Bared to You, you can read my review here & Nika's review for both books: here.

I got We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson for my Halloween read, but didn't get around to it. But I did happen to read Purity by Jackson Pearce, which I've had on my list for a while now. My review for that will be coming up soon.

Library:
Where She Went by Gayle Forman
(Book #2 in If I Stay series)

Synopsis of If I Stay:
In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...

A sophisticated, layered, and heart-achingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make, and the ultimate choice Mia commands.


Audiobook:
Reflected in You by Sylvia Day
(Book #2 in Crossfire Series)

Synopsis of Bared to You:
Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness—beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...


iBooks:
Purity by Jackson Pearce

Synopsis:
A novel about love, loss, and sex -- but not necessarily in that order.

Before her mother died, Shelby promised three things: to listen to her father, to love as much as possible, and to live without restraint. Those Promises become harder to keep when Shelby's father joins the planning committee for the Princess Ball, an annual dance that ends with a ceremonial vow to live pure lives -- in other words, no "bad behavior," no breaking the rules, and definitely no sex.

Torn between Promises One and Three, Shelby makes a decision -- to exploit a loophole and lose her virginity before taking the vow. But somewhere between failed hookup attempts and helping her dad plan the ball, Shelby starts to understand what her mother really meant, what her father really needs, and who really has the right to her purity.


We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson

Synopsis:
Taking readers deep into a labyrinth of dark neurosis, We Have Always Lived in the Castle is a deliciously unsettling novel about a perverse, isolated, and possibly murderous family and the struggle that ensues when a cousin arrives at their estate.


Have you read any of these?
What did you think of them?
Leave me a comment &
let's talk about it.
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...