Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!


I just wanted to say a quick Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates! And if you don't, I hope you have an all around good day! 

I thought I'd talk a little about our Thanksgiving:
1. Watch the Thanksgiving day parade.
2. Do the final preparations for the food.
3. Shower and get prettied up.
4. Wait for everyone to show up.
5.Watch football.
6. And EAT EAT EAT!

Our usual Thanksgiving menu is something like: Honey Baked Ham, turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, pasta salad, pies galore, every kind of cider, eggnog, ice cream, and even a little champagne. 

But sadly, this year it will be so very different. We will be without most our family & friends. No brother, no nieces and nephews, no best friends to crash our party, and the most difficult of all: No sister. We won't be making our regular dishes because we won't have a million people coming to dinner. It's weird and sad, but that's just how it will be. 

I'm hoping some of them will be able to come visit around Christmas time, I know we're having a few relatives visit from out of state. And of course Nika will be coming home to stay with us for a month while she's on break from university. I am most excited about that. 

I decided to make this post a little fun: 

1. What is your favorite Thanksgiving side dish?
Stuffing or dressing. Whatever you prefer to call it!

2. What is your favorite Thanksgiving dessert?
Peach cobbler or cherry pie... yum!

3. Do you like just the turkey, just the sides, or both?
I usually don't eat turkey. I prefer ham. But I like the sides and the main meat.

4. What does your ideal Thanksgiving outfit look like?
Usually black, with a little pop of color.

5. What is your best Thanksgiving memory?
Probably Thanksgiving Day 2010, we had a lot of people over. And everyone was so happy. It was just a perfect holiday.

6. How many words can you make out of "GOBBLE"?
Globe, lobe, go, be, bob, leg, ego, ole, log, beg, blob.

7. Least favorite Thanksgiving dish?
Yams.

8. Do you have any quirky Thanksgiving family traditions?
Not really, we tend to always end up playing cards though.

9. Where do you and your family usually celebrate Thanksgiving?
At my parents house.

10. What are you most thankful for?
This year has been very crazy. I'm thankful to have found a job so easily after moving out of state and surviving being away from our family and my sister. I'm thankful I'm happy and healthy. I'm thankful that my aunt's cancer is still in remission. 

11. How many words can you make out of THANKSGIVING?
Thanks, giving, tank, tanks, having, saving, taking, king, than, gang, gangs, thank. 

12. What is one word to describe thanksgiving for you and your family? why?
Crazy. Because it's the best organized chaos you've ever seen. People running all over, everyone has their own task plus you're trying to help kids and watch them and finish cooking and do your makeup and call so and so to make sure they're on their way. And then at the end of the day it feel so calm. 

Have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

  1. sounds great! yum! hope you had a great thanksgiving!! - Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...