Saturday, November 17, 2012

Movie Review: The Man With The Iron Fists


Cast:
-RZA
-Rick Yune
-Russell Crowe
-Lucy Liu
-Dave Bautista
-Jamie Chung
-Cung Le
-Byron Mann
-Daniel Wu
-Zhu Zhu
-Chia Hui Liu
-Andrew Ng
-Kuan Tai Chen
-Yoyao Hsueh


Release Date: November 2, 2012
DVD Release: Unknown

Plot Summary:
On the hunt for a fabled treasure of gold, a band of warriors, assassins, and a rogue British soldier descend upon a village in feudal China, where a humble blacksmith looks to defend himself and his fellow villagers.

My Thoughts:
About a week ago I went with my ex boyfriend to see a film by one of his favorite artists, the RZA. For those of you who do not know who RZA (that is pronounced Riz-ah) is I will do my best to explain. He is the badass Shaolin monk ass nigga who is the current head of hip-hop super group Wu-Tang Clan. Those fans of Rap surely have heard the name before or his alias Bobby Digital. Either way he's well known in the music community. 

RZA is a multifaceted man. Not only does he produce music, he is a screenwriter, occasional actor, and most recently a director. His directorial debut The Man With The Iron Fists was, in my opinion a first-rate piece of cinema.  It harkens back to earlier grind house Kung-Fu films but with a touch of swag. 

The music in the film, also done by RZA is of course amazing. Most of it is heavy beat and hip-hop based but it works well with the subject matter and cinematography. The film is one fluid kick ass piece of art. 

The film was a collaborative effort between RZA, Quentin Tarantino, and Eli Roth. Roth, as always, brought the blood and gore to the picture. And I'm sure Tarantino was just there for moral support and to inject wildly unconventional cut-scenes, like he does in most of his own films. What ever the correct mixture of work and input these men make one helluva killer Kung-Fu cocktail for viewers to ingest. 


Screenshots :)

I give the film five stars, go see it! 

1 comment:

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...