Saturday, November 10, 2012

MSMC #4: Grown Ups


This is just a thing I created for myself as a sort of challenge. There are a lot, and I mean a lot, of movies that people would call "must see movies" that I have not seen. So whenever I watch one of the movies on my must see list I'll do a post on it and tell if it really is a "must see". And hopefully they are all wonderfully epic movies :)

If you have any suggestions on movies I should put on that list, please leave a comment and tell me about it! 



Plot Summary:
Thirty years after graduating from high school, five former basketball teammates gather at the lake house where they celebrated their biggest victory to mourn the passing of their late coach. Over the course of the Fourth of July weekend, the five friends realize that just because they've all grown up and started families doesn't mean that they've lost that old spark. Adulthood is what you make of it, and no one at the lake house is eager to be the grown-up of the gang.

Release Date: June 25, 2010
DVD Release: November 9, 2010

Cast:

Favorite Scenes:
-The tree rope.
-Fixing the car.
-The water park.
-The arrow in the foot.
-The basketball game & fireworks.

My Thoughts:
I don't know why I never watched this movie. Everybody was talking about it when it came out, I heard it was good and hilarious and all these wonderful things. Now I finally see why... If you haven't watched this movie yet, you need too.

I thought it was going to be mostly all jokes, but it wasn't. It's actually a really good family movie. And you know those parts in movies when you want certain characters to be better or ahead of others, so bad stuff happens to them and then you feel horrible. Stuff like that never happened. And I loved it, because it really kept it an all around good movie. I was happy the entire movie, there were several laugh out loud moments, but mostly just happy.

I guess I was in need of this movie, because I honestly can't find anything wrong with it. I loved all the family things all of them did, especially because they showed how a lot of kids are now days. All consumed by cell phones, iPod's and video games. It was nice to see good ole fashioned outside family fun. It's making me want to take my kid out and have some real fun.

I really loved all the jokes they made towards each other. They were really good jokes. The ones that you would say "Ooooooooo" to, but nobody ever really got offended and that really kept the movie light and didn't cause any conflict.

Screenshots :)

So, the question I always ask 
in my Must See Movie posts...
Was it epic?! I'd say YES!

If you haven't seen it, you must
go borrow/buy/rent it soon!
I really think it's a movie that
the whole family will enjoy!

Have you seen it? What'd you think?
Leave a comment and let's talk! :)

2 comments:

  1. aHHHH this movie was so HILARIOUS!!! I couldn't say anything better without rambling. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. Thanks. I can't believe I didn't watch this movie sooner!

      Delete

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...