Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Book Review: Switch by Megan Hart



Don't think. 
Don't question. 
Just do. 

The anonymous note wasn't for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in the habit of reading other people's mail, but it was just a piece of paper with a few lines scrawled on it, clearly meant for the apartment upstairs. It looked so innocent, but decidedly-- deliciously-- it was not.

Before replacing the note--and the ones that followed --in its rightful slot, I devoured its contents: suggestions, instructions, summonses, commands. Each was more daring, more intricate and more arousing than the last... and I followed them all to the letter.

Before the notes, if a man had told me what to do, I'd have told him where to go. But submission is an art, and there's something oddly freeing about doing someone's bidding...especially when it feels so very, very good.

But I find that the more I surrender, the more powerful I feel--so it's time to switch up roles.

We play by my rules now.


My Thoughts:
Okay... I'm just gonna come right out and say it... This book was crap and a major let down... So let's get into the why. First off, this is the first book I've read by Megan Hart. I had others planned to read first, like: Dirty & Tempted. But I was walking through Wal-Mart and happened to see this on one of the end caps. And I thought she's a best selling author, and the synopsis sounds good, I'll take a chance and get it. Man! I was so wrong! Big mistake on my part...

The first part of this review will be spoiler free and then I will begin my rant and I'll talk about the entire book, even the part that I couldn't bare to read, but looked it up because I had to know what happened. 

So, in the synopsis it says "Don't think. Don't question. Just do." It should say "Don't think. Don't question. Just keep on walking." Pass this book up! When I read the synopsis I assumed she would find these letters and start some sort of relationship with the person sending them. And by the last part, "we play by my rules now," I figured she would be the more dominant person in said relationship. This book has absolutely nothing to do with domination or submission. Or anything that the synopsis might hint into to.

This book is about a woman who is obsessed with stationary and starts finding these notes in her mailbox, so she starts following the instructions and replaces the notes in the correct box. The stupid thing is... How is it fun if the other end doesn't know you're even playing, let alone complying? So in the book, you pretty much just go along with her daily life, it's nothing special except she's a slut. At least we have something to read about.

Now I'll go on with my rant... The beginning of this book she's going partying with her friend. And pretty much looking for someone to have to sex with. She ends up seeing her ex husband. And has sex with him. And there's a lot of flash backs. They're fairly boring. The sex scenes are okay, not horrible, but not great. She does use some weird terminology, maybe I'm just sheltered, but I have never heard anyone ever refer to a penis as a prick. I do know that it's used to call someone a dick. But never heard it actually used as a name for a penis.

So finally she meets the guy that is receiving the letters and she has a little date with him. I think that part of the book was actually interesting because I was thinking it could really take off, it could really turn out to be a great book. But then it didn't. So she has sex with pretty much everyone, including her boss. And then ends up getting back with her ex husband. That's pretty much the end.


Have you read Megan Hart?
Did you read Switch?
Did you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...