Friday, December 28, 2012

Book Review: Losing It by Cora Carmack

Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers.

Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand.

But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe.

And as if if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor.

She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.


My Thoughts:
I first saw this book on iTunes  I had never heard of it, but it was #1 on the list of iBooks. So I decided to go ahead and get it. And for $3.99? I'd say it was definitely worth it.

I really loved the synopsis. I could tell immediately that I was going to like this book. And when I started reading it, I thought I had it all planned out, like I knew what was going to happen. But it changed, which I liked.

I'd say this book is a romance. Not erotica in anyway for those who are wondering. It's all about Bliss and Garrick and what is going on. Because nobody really knows, not even them. And it's just an all around good story.

As far as characters go, I liked them all. Bliss was very likable  She was a regular college student with dreams and ambitions. Even though she was a virgin, it was believable. Her character just seemed like a virgin. So inexperienced and everything. I also liked Kelsey & Cade, her best friends, their friendship was easy. And since they were all studying acting it made their bond even closer.

Let's talk about the love interest: Garrick! Oh. Oh my. Him and all his hotness and his British accent. The way that he is described just makes me want him. And then the fact that he turned out to be her teacher, wow. Lifetime fantasy right there! Bliss is too lucky to have lived it! I liked how there was an epilogue from Garrick's point of view. And we got to see what happened after her graduation and with them.

Overall I gave it 3 stars, I think it would be more like a 3.5. The only reason it didn't get 4 is because the book wasn't really about anything else besides what was going on with Bliss and Garrick. It had stuff to do with her friends, but nothing else was mentioned. And I felt like I would have gotten a better picture of her life if other things had been put in there.

Have you heard of this book?
Have you read it yet?
Are you planning on it?
Leave me a comment 
and let's chat about it :)

2 comments:

  1. So I think I need to read this...lol :) Too bad it wasn't amazing and was missing more for you but it does sound like it would be a good read. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a good book. I think you'd enjoy it!

      Delete

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...